Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6, Silver Chrome Finish
2 in stockPre Order Now
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Leica Camera is pleased to introduce the Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6, a reincarnation of a classic lens design and the most compact M lens to date. The Summaron-M is modeled after the original screw mount Summaron 28mm f/5.6 lens produced at the Leitz factory in Wetzlar from 1955 to 1963. The new Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 is recreated with an M-bayonet mount, 6-bit coding and a slightly revised mechanical design but no changes to the optical design itself. Each lens will be a special order item, made only after an order has been placed.
The Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 offers the following benefits:
- Optical design similar to the original Summaron 28mm f/5.6 lens
- Most compact M-Lens, with an overall length of about 3/4” (less than 2cm) is unobtrusive and ideal for street photography
- Provides unmistakable imaging signature which otherwise cannot be reproduced by digital means
- Through its combination of large depth of field, natural contrast, excellent rendition of details, and visible vignetting, the Summaron-M gives images a unique character, reminiscent of analog photography
- Combination of a clearly laid out depth of field scale and long focus throw allows precise and easy zone focusing
- Depth of field scale is colored in red
- Assembled by hand from top quality materials and finished in Silver Chrome
- Made in Germany and delivery scope includes metal lens hood and cap.
- The design and manufacturing process of the metal lens hood has been recreated to match the original Summaron lens . It is first machined from solid brass and then given its ultimate form by a turning and bending process.
|Dimensions||20 x 15.5 x 9.5 cm|
|Country of origin||
You may also like…
Out of stock
Leica M Cable Release 20″
Cable Release, 50 cm Long
It is well known that the Leica M’s focal-plane shutter causes little vibration when it fires. But for lengthy exposure times, a tripod and Cable Release are essential. The remote release for the Leica M, featuring a conical thread, is screwed into the shutter release bushing. A locking screw lets you make long time exposures at the B setting.
For exposures longer than four seconds using the Leica M7 for example, set the shutter-speed dial to B and, after firing via the remote release, hold the shutter in the open position for the desired exposure using its locking screw.
This item is compatible with all Leica M film and digital cameras that have a threaded shutter button, including the M (Typ 240).
*Camera not included.