Leica ZM 2
AED 55,850 (Inclusive of VAT)Call Us
- Key Features
- Technical Data
Capturing time requires precision engineering and mechanical excellence. Each is essential to the art of photography. To facilitate the accurate measurement of time, Leica has chosen the ergonomic efficiency of a fine timepiece to expand its commitment to the decisive moment.
Leica Watches ZM 1 and ZM 2 are timekeeping analogs to Leica’s fine optical and photographic instruments. Carrying Leica DNA from the lens-like domed sapphire crystal to the red-dot emblazoned push-piece crown, they bring “Das Wesentliche” from the visual realm to the temporal.
Mechanically, both models are manually-wound watches displaying hours, minutes and seconds, a date window, status and power reserve. The Leica ZM 1 and Leica ZM 2 are fitted with a scratch-proof domed sapphire crystal, a transparent case back, and are both water-resistant to a depth of 50 metres I ATM. The power reserve guarantees at least 60 hours of motion and is decked by evenly closing blades reminiscent of the shutters of a Leica camera. Similarly, the specially developed container made of glass for the Leica watch is ideal for transporting and storing Leica M lenses, too. The patented push-crown with red ceramic insert is a typically stylish, technical and aesthetic finishing touch for both watches.
Two time zones with a single hand: As a GMT-watch (Greenwich Mean Time), the Leica ZM 2 also uses a single hand to indicate the second time zone on the dial. The 12-hour bezel facilitates rapid, exact and interpretation-free time-telling within a global orientation system. A classic black calf leather strap with a distinctive red interior further adds to the subtle elegance of the Leica ZM 2.
*Alligator leather strap is available upon request.
• Leica font from the cap of the Leica M6 with capital lettering and naming of its roots in Wetzlar
• Diamond-cut rhodium-plated indices and hands
• Highly domed watch crystal, reminiscent of the spherical front element of a camera lens
• Red ceramic inlay (homage to the Leica M designers LudwigLeitz II and Heinrich Janke (father of the Leica “red dot”)
• Movement: LMH1 | In-house manual winding | 26 rubies | 28.800 A/h | power reserve 60h
• Complications: patented push-crown-system | hours | minutes | small second | date window incl. quickset date | mode indicator | stop-second | power reserve indicator
• Case: Stainless steel | Ø 41mm | Height: 14,5mm | Water-resistant: 50 m | Lug Width: 21m
• Front: anti-reflecting sapphire crystal | domed
• Back: anti-reflecting sapphire crystal | screwed